Art Deco was a prominent style for jewelry in the 1920s and 1930s, characterized by geometric patterns and abstract designs using diamonds and gems in contrasting colors.
What are some examples of Art Deco jewelry?
Although diamonds and clear imitation diamonds were hugely popular during the 1920s and 1930s, many Deco-style pieces also include colored or opaque gemstones.
Colored or Opaque Stones
- Lapis lazuli.
What are 3 characteristics of the Art Deco time period and jewelry?
Characteristics of Art Deco Jewelry
- 01 of 05. Platinum or White Gold. Erstwhile. …
- 02 of 05. Old European Cut Diamonds. Jewels by Grace. …
- 03 of 05. Geometric Design. FD Gallery. …
- 04 of 05. Calibre Cut Stones. Estate Diamond Jewelry. …
- 05 of 05. Filigree. Ageless Heirlooms.