How do you use Confute in a sentence?
Confute in a Sentence 🔉
- Certain that she could find evidence, the young lawyer set out to confute the witness’s story against her client.
- Although his testimony failed to confute the prosecutor’s claim, the defendant was offered a favorable plea deal.
What is a synonym for Confute?
In this page you can discover 49 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for confute, like: parry, disprove, overwhelm, overcome, bring to naught, rebut, controvert, vanquish, demolish, invalidate and answer conclusively.
What does feeling blissful mean?
Definition of blissful
1 : full of, marked by, or causing complete happiness a blissful marriage. 2 : happily benighted blissful ignorance.
What is a synonym for contradiction?
nounno-win situation. contradiction. dilemma. lose-lose. paradox.
How do you use dexterous in a sentence?
Dexterous sentence example
- The dexterous Greeks humoured him to the top of his bent. …
- He was a ready and powerful debater, full of resource, and dexterous in controversy. …
- By this dexterous stroke he gained a new and wealthy kingdom, and completely re-established his fortunes.
What is the informal word for conjugal?
What is another word for conjugal?
Is conflate a new word?
So you’re correct that the relative popularity of “conflate” is recent. But, as the preceding paragraph implies, the word itself is not new. In fact, “conflate” first appeared in English way back in the mid-16th century.