Contemporary History Many historians describe the early modern period as the time frame between 1500 and 1800. This period mainly follows the Late Middle Ages period. Further, it is marked by the initial European colonies, beginnings of recognizable nation-states as well as the rise of strong centralized governments.
What are examples of contemporary literature in the Philippines?
The 10 Best Books in Modern Philippine Literature
- ABNKKBSNPLAko?! by Bob Ong.
- Para Kay B by Ricky Lee.
- Dekada ’70 by Lualhati Bautista.
- Ilustrado by Miguel Syjuco.
- Ligo na U, Lapit na Me by Eros Atalia.
- 100 Tula Para Kay Stella by Jason Paul Laxamana.
- 14 by Manix Abrera.
- The Last Time I Saw Mother by Arlene J. Chai.