Neoclassicism occurred in America between the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries and was a return to the classical ideas of Greek, Roman, and other ancient civilizations. American neoclassical paintings included incredibly detailed accounts of history.
What are the 5 characteristics of Neoclassical?
Defining Characteristics of Neoclassicism
- unemotional telling of events.
- simplicity of line, form, and color.
- balance of straight lines and geometric shapes.
- use of science, mathematics, and natural law.
- non-fantastical view of the surrounding world and events.