By the mid-1920s, O’Keeffe was recognized as one of America’s most important and successful artists, known for her paintings of New York skyscrapers—an essentially American symbol of modernity—as well as her equally radical depictions of flowers.
What is Georgia O’Keeffe most famous piece?
10 Most Famous Paintings By Georgia O’Keeffe
- Oriental Poppies (1928)
- Ram’s Head White Hollyhock and Little Hills (1935)
- Jimson Weed, White Flower No. 1 (1932)
- Sky Above Clouds IV (1965)
- Summer Days (1936)
- Blue and Green Music (1921)
- Red Canna (1924)
- Radiator Building — Night, New York (1927)
What is Georgia O’Keeffe best known painting?
Top 10 Most Famous Paintings by Georgia O’Keeffe
- Jimson Weed, White Flower No. …
- Oriental Poppies by Georgia O’Keeffe.
- Ram’s Head White Hollyhock and Little Hills by Georgia O’Keeffe.
- Blue and Green Music by Georgia O’Keeffe.
- Sky Above Clouds Iv by Georgia O’Keeffe.
- Summer Days by Georgia O’Keeffe.
What female artist is best known for painting flowers?
artist Georgia O’Keeffe
The American artist Georgia O’Keeffe is best known for her close-up, or large-scale flower paintings, which she painted from the mid-1920s through the 1950s. She made about 200 paintings of flowers of the more than 2,000 paintings that she made over her career.
What is Georgia O Keeffe’s largest painting?
Sky Above Clouds IV
In the summer of 1965, Georgia O’Keeffe painted the largest work of her career: the eight-by-24-foot Sky Above Clouds IV, which today hangs above a grand staircase at the Art Institute of Chicago.