sculpture, an artistic form in which hard or plastic materials are worked into three-dimensional art objects. The designs may be embodied in freestanding objects, in reliefs on surfaces, or in environments ranging from tableaux to contexts that envelop the spectator.
What are the 7 types of sculpture?
Types of Sculpture
- Relief Sculpture. …
- Sculpture in the Round. …
- Carved Sculptures. …
- Cast Sculptures. …
- Additive Sculpture. …
- Subtraction Sculpture. …
- Assembled Sculptures. …
- Modeled Sculptures.
What are the 5 types of sculptures?
Different Types of Sculptures based on techniques
- Sculptures on Relief. – High Relief. – Low Relief. – Bas Relief. – Sunken Relief.
- Carved Sculptures.
- Full Round Sculpting.
- Cast Sculptures.
- Modeling Sculptures.
- Assembled Sculptures.
- Installation Sculptures.
- Kinetic Sculptures.
What are the 6 types of sculpture?
6 Types of Sculpture
- Relief sculpture: Relief sculptures include images carved from a flat surface of the same material.
- Freestanding sculpture: Freestanding sculptures are three-dimensional objects unattached to any backdrop.
- Carved sculpture: Carved sculptures are created through a subtractive process.
What are the basic types of sculpture?
The Four Sculpture Types
Sculptures fall into four basic categories: molded, cast, carved or assembled. The media an artist uses for molded sculptures include clay, wax, papier-mache and plaster. Cast sculptures involve modeling the sculpture, then making a mold and casting it in a metal or other medium.
What are the 4 basic types of sculpture?
The four traditional materials for created a sculpture were stone carving, bronze casting, wood carving, or clay firing.